[ale] OT: bad sound card or bad speakers?

philips_jim at bellsouth.net philips_jim at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 17 12:28:50 EDT 2008

 I worked it out. I turned my computer off, but turned the volume all the way up on the speakers. There was no static at all (speakers are powered independently of the computer). The static only started again with the computer turned on and with music coming through the speakers. I replaced the sound card. No static now.
 -------------- Original message from Thompson Freeman <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net>: --------------