[ale] ALE CENTRAL for THURSDAY, MARCH 20th, 7:30pm

aaron aaron at pd.org
Mon Mar 17 02:23:07 EDT 2008

In addition to to reviving the ALE North East meetings
with this months first gathering at Gwinnett College,
Brian MacLeod is providing the Thursday, March 20th
presentation for ALE Central:

"Bringing Asterisk on Campus"

Synopsis:
For Georgia Gwinnett College, the question was not whether to switch
to IP telephony or not, but whether to continue doing IP telephony on
a $40,000/year proprietary system or to migrate to an open source
system where support is less than $1,000/year. While the choice looks
obvious, the path was not always this clear. Brian will present the
road GGC followed from idea to fully functional, operation critical
status.

Bio:
Brian MacLeod is a Linux System Administrator and developing VOIP geek
at Georgia Gwinnett College. He has worked for several University
System of Georgia institutions that have called Lawrenceville home.

We will be meeting in our usual Gambrel Hall room 1C venue.
Meeting time frame is 7:30pm to ~9:30pm
Directions to Emory Law School can be found at
<http://www.ale.org/new/directions-to-ale-central/>