[ale] Am I the only one that is laughing out load at thisquestion?

Raylynn A. Knight audilover at speedfactory.net
Fri Mar 14 02:29:36 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 13:42 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> Jeff Lightner wrote:
> > They did actually have physics and advanced math at my High School
> > and the last one (my Senior year) actually had a "DP" department but
> > I didn't have time for that class.
>
> I took Physics, Chemistry and Calculus my senior year of high school.
> That was 1973-74.  It varies dramatically from one state to the next.
> That was in NY.  After graduation, I stayed out a year before going to
> college.  Even then, when I took the required Math placement exam at
> Louisiana Tech, I scored in the top ten of all the students taking the exam.

I took Chemistry my junior year of high school.  My senior year I took
Trigonometry (the highest math class offered) and Physics (by
correspondence) as my school was to small to offer it.  This was
1975-1976.  I graduated early (Jan 76) and joined the Air Force as I
couldn't wait around long enough to go to college as the home situation
was unbearable.  I took the Advanced Placement tests for English, Math
and Science before starting night classes at the University of Maryland
campus on the base in Germany.  I scored high enough on all 3 tests to
receive college credits.  The Air Force eventually gave me a scholarship
to Georgia Tech where I majored in Mechanical Engineering.  The required
Fortran class is where I found my calling.  I've been making a living
with my coding skills ever since.

Ray