[ale] Am I the only one that is laughing out load at this question?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Mar 12 10:04:50 EDT 2008

Mike Harrison wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Greg Freemyer wrote:
>

> They are, but I was dealing with a science teacher that barely kept one
> chapter ahead in the book.. almost 30 years ago. I also was ranting then
> about Neutrinos and other stuff. It's really only so memorable to me
> because it's when I really grok'd that most teachers merely occupied
> space and time. I had some good teachers, but they were few.

I was taught in 4th grade that the phases of the moon were caused by the
shadow of the earth falling on the moon's face.  When I suggested she
look up the definition of an eclipse, she promptly sent me to the office
and I spent the day on a ladder in the hallway outside of the classroom
wearing a dunce cap.  Needless to say from that point on, my view of
education was a bit jaundiced.  Everyone wondered why I hated school so
much but when I'd try to tell them, they didn't seem to care or didn't
believe me.

Jim.