[ale] File help

Joshua Kite jwkite at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 11:15:42 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm hoping that there's a simple answer to this question.

Is there a command which identifies the physical drive on which a particular
file is located?

Due to the way that my system has grown (and the fact that it's a home
server administered by me and not a professional), I have four drives hda1,
hdb1, hdc1, and hdd1.  I may have /home/me mounted on hda1, but I may have
created an entry in fstab so that /home/me/somedirectory is actually mounted
on hdb1.  I'm wondering if I can query a file in /home/me/somedirectory to
determine that it is on hdb1 without having to sift through fstab to figure
out where it is.

Thank you for your help,

Josh Kite