[ale] top info

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Mar 9 13:36:06 EDT 2008

ok, so I've had some ISSUES with my login going away, putting me back to the
login screen..
Not sure but I think it might be ffmpeg, crashing, while I'm doing a movie
conversion..
I ran top, and it showed 50% idle at the top, but it also showed ffmpeg using
100%cpu. OK, so I do have a Duo-Core processor. I guess that means it is
using all of one core, and I still have 40% left on the other?
How does that work? and why would it crash so often?
Mostly what happens, is, I leave it to process a movie, my wife comes to use
her login, and it drops her back to a login...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800