[ale] Remedial C++/gcc/build question

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Fri Mar 7 21:46:22 EST 2008

ALErs -

I'm trying to build the 'xgnokii' GUI of 'gnokii-0.6.22' in a SuSE-9.3
environment using gcc-c++-3.3.5-5 and gdk-pixbuf-gnome-0.22.0-67.

Compilation crashes on several prototypes in 'gdk-pixbuf-core.h' and
'gtk-object.h' such as:

gboolean gdk_pixbuf_save           (GdkPixbuf  *pixbuf,
                                     const char *filename,
                                     const char *type,
                                     GError    **error,
                                     ...) G_GNUC_SENTINEL(0);

Problem is reported as: error: syntax error before "G_GNUC_SENTINEL"

Problem only occurs in building the GUI - the basic 'gnokii' console app
builds and works fine.

Can anyone suggest what's going wrong here, and how I can fix it?

TIA.

  - Mills