[ale] What happened to the command line

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Mar 6 12:34:49 EST 2008

On 03/06/2008 11:54:26 AM, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 10:18 AM, tom <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, Ned Williams wrote:
> >
> >  > So then does 15 response emails detailing how people have to
> make
> their own
> >  > shortcuts and how links to the console are no longer on most KDE
> and Gnome
> >  > based interfaces confirm the original posters question that it
> is
> getting
> >  > harder and harder to find the console window?
> >  >
> >  > Ned
> >  >
> >  <<snip>>
> >
> >  I don't think so. I think it shows how important the console is to
> >  number of people on this list.
> >

> Tom, are you in Sales/Marketing?   :-)

8-) No. Worse, I'd have trouble selling a full course meal at a
discount to a starving person with the product on a tray in front of
me. Chemist by training, not an entirely successful parent by fate
(having trouble launching the last one - anybody here have a need/use
for a moderately artistic young adult with a known enthusiasm for
architecture?), with a bad computer habit that I need to learn how to
support...