[ale] What happened to the command line

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Mar 6 12:08:31 EST 2008

Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On Wed 2008-03-05 14:50:04 -0500, Harold Bieber wrote:
>
>> Alt+F2  type in xterm or gnome-terminal :D
>
> or even better:
>
>  Ctrl+Alt+F1
>
> and forget about all this new-fangled X11 nonsense!

Yeah.  I've never met a distro on which ctrl-alt-f1
didn't work; I think it's actually a function of the
kernel's keyboard handler, and should certainly
work as long as inittab hasn't been hacked to take
away the console shells. (Tho DKG would probably know
better than I.)

-- JK

--
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be
dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens