[ale] preparing to attempt 2 monitors on F8

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Tue Mar 4 13:37:25 EST 2008

Pete Hardie wrote:

> I'm looking to have a dual-head setup on FC6, soon to migrate to F8.
> I have a ATI Radeon AGP 512M
> X1650 Pro video card.  I was not able to track down anything clear as
> to the support for this card
> under Fedora.  Can anyone point me to definite info on this?  And also
> to dual-head X configs under
> Fedora?

If you use the radeon driver (I don't know about the proprietary
driver), you can set up dual-head using randr. Here are a few
references. I don't think Ubuntu vs Fedora or intel vs radeon will make
a difference in how it's configured and used at the command line.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2
http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html

Fedora is working on a graphical randr configuration tool slated for
version 9.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RandrSupport

-Brian