[ale] [rant] I dislike "we only support winblows/OS X" AT&T internet

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sun Mar 2 23:03:48 EST 2008

On 03/02/2008 10:34:15 PM, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Quite an apropos article on /. wrt this ALE thread:
>
>  Why Is Less Than 99.9% Uptime Acceptable?
> http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/03/02/1847213&from=rss

I didn't intend to start something last night - just release some
frustration where it (hopefully) not cause harm. I don't think I caused
harm, but there does seem to be general interest in the current state
of customer service and service reliability. And the consensus seems to
be - it should be better.

FWIW, I was over to the lady's place today, and the connection seemed
rock solid. I _hate_ trying to troubleshoot intermittent troubles. I
don't _ever_ seem to get to the bottom of them. <<grrr>>