[ale] Amazon now has an MP3 downloader app for Linux

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sun Mar 2 13:08:46 EST 2008

Jim Philips wrote:
> This has been all over Digg and other sites, but for me it's a very major
> deal. For the first time, you can download songs from major labels directly
> onto your Linux box and play them without going through any mind-boggling
> routine to strip away DRM.

I've been downloading music from great labels for a while now with
Emusic. Their client is based on xulrunner and works fine on linux. The
music is 192kbps vbr mp3's encoded with LAME. $9.99 a month for 30 songs
is a great deal.

If your musical interests extend beyond the Big 4, give the 25 song free
trial a try.

http://www.emusic.com/

-Brian