[ale] Display/Print PDF which contains double byte (Japanese) Characters under Gnome

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sun Jun 29 12:55:45 EDT 2008

I would love to borry a clue from somebody here. I have a
PDF file from a Japanese firm, allegedly already translated
into English. Well, actually, my brother confirms that it
_is_ in English, but uses a double byte character set for
the English characters, which will not display properly on
my Linux setup. Anybody know off hand how to get a Linux
setup, particularly Gnome, to display and/or print such a
beast?