[ale] a disk is just a disk?

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 14:34:00 EDT 2008

Any pointer to troubleshoot these peculiar delays? Everything seems normal
once I get to the boot menu.

The delays are rather consistent as below. One thing I suspect is the
potentially wrong cable grade/type for the new EIDE disk.

   - ~1m for disks probe by BIOS
   - ~1m before transitions from the POST screen to a blank screen
   - ~1m before before  'GRUB loading stage1.5' appears on the blank screen
   - ~1m before 'GRUB loading' appears
   - ~1m before showing GRUB boot menu