[ale] Switching video drivers

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Wed Jun 25 15:56:28 EDT 2008

Brian Pitts wrote:
> hscast at charter.net wrote:
>
>> Keeps on switching back to nvidia after reboot.
>>

> Did you remove the nvidia card? If you had it installed, did you remove
> nvidia's binary driver?
>
> -Brian

I had already removed the nVIDIA card. Removing the drivers and all of
compiz-fusion seemed to fix it. Now I have to go through everything to
fix the appearance. FireFox displays everything so large that I can read
it from the next room without glasses, while T'bird I need a magnifying
glass to read the folders and lists, message preview is okay. Everything
is out of wack as far as proportions. It seems to lock into res of
1024x768, with the nVIDIA card I had 1440x900.