[ale] bind 9.3.3 on Centos 5

Randy Ramsdell rramsdell at livedatagroup.com
Tue Jun 24 14:17:56 EDT 2008

Jerry Yu wrote:
> on CentOS 5 (RHEL 5), you can use 'system-config-bind-gui', a nice
> GUI, to configure it from scratch too.

This a server without X.

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Jerry Yu <jjj863 at gmail.com
> <mailto:jjj863 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     the last section in named.conf, I believe you have extra '.zone'
>     suffix for the zone declaration, thus don't really have a section
>     for 'dailyezinefun.com <http://dailyezinefun.com>' itself.
>
>     Should have been something like this:
>     zone "dailyezinefun.com <http://dailyezinefun.com>"  IN {
>
>                    type master;
>                    file "zone/dailyezinefun.com.zone";
>     };

Holy crap you are correct. After 5 revisions of the named.conf and the
zone file, I completely missed that. Thanks for noticing this.

>     Also, modern distros have named chrooted by default, so your zone
>     file may need to under /var/named/chroot/var/named/zone

Yes this was and soon to be chroot'ed. I was simplifying the config
until everything worked. Since you found my typo, I will put this back
in jail, add internal/external views and tweek the conf file.