[ale] failed bios upgrade makes desktop Linux only

James Earl Smith feenix at feenix.us
Sun Jun 22 21:21:46 EDT 2008

I was upgrading the bios on a ECS Nforce4m-a  v3.0. After the bios flash
the computer would not boot properly and the bios would beep 1 long
repeatedly (video problem).

So to see if I could at lest get it to run, I using Ubuntu 8.04 live cd
and it booted . After failing to get the computer to reload XP, I loaded
Ubuntu 8.04 and has been running 99.9% bug free. Out of several restarts
, the video beeping happened only once.

So with my computers help I am at the present MS$ free.

James Smith