[ale] Notes from Jun 19th meeting

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sun Jun 22 16:46:57 EDT 2008

I've been following this conversation for awhile, and this statement reflects my observations about driving change in the commercial environments I've worked in.

Any time a major change has been implemented, it is usually as a result of an absolutely have to have incentive.  Without that incentive, all obstacles, no matter how minor, are insurmountable.  With the incentive, all obstacles, no matter how major, are insignificant.

In order to drive change you have find out what the organization needs that can be provided by your solution that cannot be provided by the current solution.  It almost always has to be something that they don't currently have.  If it were, it would be change (bad) as opposed to something they can't live without that they never knew they needed before.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Daniel Howard <dhhoward at comcast.net> 6/21/2008 10:38 PM >>>

...show them why a thin client architecture makes sense and
what they can do with it is well beyond what they currently do.  I'm
guessing that a new capability/software application will trump any
resistance from supporting an old application, especially if I can show
them they can still do the old stuff if they really want to.

Still learning in Atlanta,
Daniel

--
Daniel Howard