[ale] Notes from Jun 19th meeting

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Sat Jun 21 22:38:54 EDT 2008

Thanks Mike for the Inkscape solution, I'll show my teachers that one
first of next year.  Coupled with the graphics on OpenClipArt, it should
meet the needs of both teachers and non-profits.

Jim's commentary got me thinking: what I need to do is stop arguing
about supporting an old application, and focus on what they can do with
the new system.  With K12LTSP and TeacherTool, teachers have
unprecedented control over what kids do with the computers, even beyond
what they're seeing at the Educational Tech conferences to which Jim
referred.  So, for my next school, I'm going to include a demo of
TeacherTool and show them why a thin client architecture makes sense and
what they can do with it is well beyond what they currently do.  I'm
guessing that a new capability/software application will trump any
resistance from supporting an old application, especially if I can show
them they can still do the old stuff if they really want to.

Still learning in Atlanta,
Daniel

--
Daniel Howard