[ale] Notes from Jun 19th meeting

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Sat Jun 21 08:44:55 EDT 2008

Mike Harrison wrote:

> apt-get install inkscape       (incredible adobe illustrator-ish vector program)
>
> Applications->Graphics-Inkscape    (start InkScape)
>
> File->Document Properties
>
> In Custom Size Box, set "units" to "feet"
>
> Set Page to "6"                     (for a six foot wide banner)
>
> Click Text Icon. Click Onto Page. Type Message: "Hello World"
>
> Stretch text across 6' banner how you would like it.
>
> File->Print

I don't know if you were at the meeting, but the application originally
being discussed, Printshop comes with thousands of graphics.  Although
your suggestion of inkscape might be a better solution then the one
you've referenced, it's simply not a solution to the original problem.

Folks, don't get me wrong, I'm as much for Linux as the next guy.  The
reason Daniel and GOSEF have been successful in their efforts is because
the solution provided is better then what they had.  I applaud Daniel
and GOSEF for their successes.

Also, just because they're not paying for it, don't expect them to
accept something that provides less functionality then what they
currently have.

Would anyone suggest a paying client to do so?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin