[ale] [OT] Firefox 3

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Wed Jun 18 10:37:00 EDT 2008

Pete Hardie wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:
>

>> I got it and installed it but lost all my plugins. When I try to install
>> a particular plugin it says it's already installed. I used the tarball,
>> unpacking it into /usr/lib/firefox, leaving firefox-0.3b intact. I then
>> changed the script /usr/bin/firefox to point to the new firefox. Any help?
>>

> I can't help, but as a datapoint, I installed in a separate directory
> as firefox3, and run from
> that.  I did not have any losses except for the extensions that are
> not yet FF3 enabled.

I had gone to a site that required flashplugin, and was prompted to
install. I checked about:plugins, and I no longer had a long list of
plugins with mime types and status, but just a short list showing the
Default Plugin is libnullplugin.so and is not enabled. It then shows
Shochwave Flash as libflashplayer.so (ShochwaveFlash-9.0 r124) with 2
mime types and is enabled for both. It does not show for Adobe Reader
although It is working as I just now found out. Does anyone know how to
get the pluggins that I had for the Beta version into the current
version? Or at least so that it shows them in the about"plugins page?