[ale] Clues for installing Linux to HD under qemu

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Jun 16 21:25:41 EDT 2008

Here is a better idea.

1.  Go to Fry's and buy a 500GB USB disk for under $100
2.  copy Everything to it after you format ext3
3.  Install new linux like normal
4.  Create a directory in new linux called /old_linux
5.  Copy everything from the USB disk into that dir.
6.  When you are done with /old_linux delete it.

This is exactly how I went from FC7 to Ubuntu 7.10