[ale] Brookhaven-area PC shop recommendations?

Ed L. Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Fri Jun 13 21:51:38 EDT 2008

2008/6/13 Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com>:
> For older systems, online may be a better bet. That said, I like MicroCenter
> (not in Brookhaven but worth the drive usually) as they often stock many
> parts for older systems (and they are new parts). You can likely get a
> replacement fan for that dead one (chipset fans on stuff of that type are
> not thermostat controlled).

Thanks a lot.  I didn't know the fan for the memory controller
wouldn't be temperature activated, so it sounds like that might
be the problem.  (Which might be bad.  I don't know whether
the memory controller is replaceable.)

Anyways---I would like to avoid online just to get this done
in a day, so I'll check out MicroCenter.  This is the one you
mean?

  1275 Powers Ferry Rd SE # 50
  Marietta, GA 30067
  (770) 859-1540