[ale] PCMag puts nose to wind...

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Thu Jun 12 15:38:13 EDT 2008

> Ok this article only proves the eternal lameness of pc mag.
> Everyone should note that eee pc was already a Linux device, the
> windows version of eee pc didnt come out until this year...and
> isn't exactly the hottest seller.
>
> Ned

Maybe.  On the other hand, consider this A: a crossover device, and B: a stunning step from PC Magazine, who's been wholly in the pocket of MS for decades it seems.

Here's the other reason why: the XP version just came out, and just now is the EEE PC hitting non-techie people.  I suspect by this time next year, more EEE PCs with XP will have been sold than Linux.  By the way, a bonus here is that they are specifying a LINUX EEE PC and just dropping XP on it to dual-boot.  I'll bet that next year we have the reverse.

Cheers,
R~