[ale] Simple SVN question

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Jun 12 15:16:10 EDT 2008

Chris Fowler wrote:
> JK wrote:
>
>> Jim Lynch wrote:
>>

>>> Any specific questions feel free to ask.  I'm a big proponent of svn.
>>>

> One more :)
>
> The example howto which based on ALE sucks had directories called
> trunk, logs, and branches
>
> Is that The Right Way (tm) to do things?
>
> If so,  what goes where?  Every CVS project we have has a ChangeLog file
> in the root of the project directory.  Does that go into <project
> name>/logs ?

It's kinda what ever you want it to be.  Trunk, tags and branches seems
to be the way the documentation does things.  What you put where under
the project is entirely up to you.  Svn does not do anything with nor
does it care what's in a project.  Like CVS you can put tags in a file
that will cause log entries, dates etc. to be inserted as comments.

Jim.