[ale] Hardy 8.04 Streaming Radio wont work

Jim Philips philips_jim at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 11 20:53:23 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 07:44:28 pm jtholmes wrote:
> I have been trying to get  www.wgst.com Live Listen
> to work for a couple of days now and no success.
>
> I have tried, vlc, amarok, and Firefox and none of them
> will play the Stream from wgst.
> All other Video/Sound works fine, YouTube you name it.
>
> vlc says stream not recognized
> amarok says no suitable demux
> firefox  says  'loading'  forever and never starts the sound
>
> anyone successful using Hardy 8.04 and getting  live stream
> to play from  wgst  or any other  Radio stream
>
> I have also tried  shoutcast.com  no success there either.
> jt

They have a page that explains their streaming format requirements here:

http://www.wgst.com/pages/listenlive.html

But it says there that the stream will play if you have the Mplayer plugin on
Linux. I have that plugin and it still doesn't work. In fact, that's the
first streaming content I have come across that *doesn't* work with the
Mplayer plugin.