[ale] wireless at Starbucks

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Sat Jun 7 20:32:54 EDT 2008

>> While riding into work a few weeks back I fired up the laptop and
>> discovered I really did not need my cell-phone card. All I needed
>> to do was crank up kismet and piggy back of the residential
>> wireless nodes. At any given time I could see 20+ nodes and 3-5
>> were unlocked.
>
> I would suspect you're stepping into a gray area of legality...

Once upon a time I was dead-set against this type of behaviour.  Now I am of the opinion that either the owner is allowing the activity, doesn't care, or is too lazy and/or cheap to ensure the activity doesn't occur.  This has been too much in the news to be oblivious to it.  However, if they wish to remain ignorant, they do so at their peril.  Should they not like it, then they will do something about it; part of the problem with society today is the lack of personal responsibility!

Cheers,
Robert~