[ale] Cannot get POP Summary

Marc Ferguson mferguson at digitalalias.net
Sun Jun 1 23:19:15 EDT 2008

Something seems to be really wrong with my Evolution.  One status bar says,
"Storing folder (19% complete)".  The other status bar says "Fetching
Mail".  I disabled all POP3 extensions, but nothing seems to be working.  Do
I need to simply install the latest version of Evolution or can this issue
be fixed?  Thanks.

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Jim Popovitch <yahoo at jimpop.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/1 Marc Ferguson <mferguson at digitalalias.net>:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've been getting this error message just about every day.  I usually
> bypass
> > it, restart my Evolution and continue doing what I do.  This time around
> > noticed that ALL of my POP email is being redownloaded.  I now have
> > duplicates of everything and one of my mailboxes is very high-spammed.
>  What
> > happened?  How can I tell Evolution to stop downloading stuff I already
> have
> > in the system.  I have about 4 POP accounts setup on Evolution with 2
> > getting pretty high traffic.
> >
> > I'm running Fedora 8 and Evolution 2.12.3.
> >
> > Evolution Error
> > Eror while Fetching Mail.
> > Cannot get POP summary: Success
>
> In your Evolution POP3 settings (IIRC) there is a setting to disable
> pop3 extensions.  Try enabling that and see if that fixes your
> problems.  I've had to use that in the past with older POP3 servers.
>
> -Jim P.

Marc F.

"..Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come.."
-Rev1:4