[ale] Getting Linux on an old laptop with only floppy drive and 100 MB Iomega zip drive

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 09:27:29 EST 2008

Ooh, I installed Puppy on a 64-MB machine, just slightly more modern than
what y'all are discussing (an E-Machines 733).  It has some idiosyncracies.
Everything runs as root, the application directory structure is a little
eccentric, and I had some Fun Times getting a web server to run on it. Plus
the latest & greatest scanner (SANE) package is broke.

That said, it does what I need on a seriously small machine, and I didn't
have any problems beyond what a little script hackery and careful reading
wouldn't fix.

-- CHS