[ale] best FIREWALL product for a home LAN ?

Bruce callmebruce2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 23:52:00 EST 2008

I'm liking my Smoothwall. Dansguardian does well for keeping control over where my kids go (2 do online school from home). Smoothwall by itself is simple and works well (in my opinion). Dansguardian isn't very happy on a 600 Mhz PIII with 512Meg memory, though. It's like surfing through molasses. I either need a faster PC for the firewall/proxy, or a different solution. It does do a darn good job, though.