[ale] best FIREWALL product for a home LAN ?

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Jan 28 19:43:03 EST 2008

Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Greetings !
>
> Just finished Bruce Schneier's book Secrets and Lies which inspired me to
> try to implement a suitable firewall for my home lan which has a variety of
> machines, MS, FreeBSD, Linux, Apple, etc..
>
> Suggestions and opinions appreciated.

If you really want to learn something about firewalls, pick up a copy of
  Bob Toxen's book, 'Real World Linux Security' and read it from one end
to the other.  My second choice of security books is 'Linux Firewalls'
by Robert Ziegler.  Between these two books, you can build your own home
grown, rock solid firewall.

If you're looking for the quick solution, download Smoothwall 3.0 and
you'll have a firewall going faster then it took you to burn the disk.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin