[ale] Need New Home & Admin for List & Site

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sun Jan 27 13:50:08 EST 2008

Looks like the list is back after a couple day's outage, which is my
cue to bring this up...

In a private email a couple weeks back Chris Farris requested that
we start looking for a new volunteer to host and admin the ALE site
and Mailing Lists -- new family obligations were making it difficult
for him to find time for the work.  I mentioned this at the January
Central meeting and have been following up with a few conversations
with likely candidates since.

The bandwidth demands for the web site and mailing lists are not
large, so James Kinney has offered to donate hosting for the site
and lists through his modest home based 1 meg connection, He
has additionally "volunteered" to serve as the primary admin. I'm
offering to help with web page maintenance and serve as back-up
admin.

If anyone else wants to volunteer, has better hosting alternatives
or has specific objections to this suggested arrangement, please
post replies here for group consideration.

Note that the ALE FTP hosting is another issue.  We are still looking
for an FTP hosting sponsor that is capable of and comfortable with
handling the bandwidth requirements of that service.

Feedback is, of course, welcome.
Thanks for your attention!

peace
aaron