[ale] OT: something ate my Google Bookmarks

Jim Philips philips_jim at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 27 10:09:46 EST 2008

I had been relying on Google Bookmarks pretty heavily the last year. It was
nice that I could add bookmarks by clicking on a link in my Firefox toolbar
that executed some Javascript. And all of my bookmarks appeared in my sidebar
with the help of a Firefox add-on. So, today I came home to find that all but
two bookmarks are just gone. When I logged into my page on the Web, it showed
some weird Web history that was nothing I recognize. I don't even know where
to begin to get help on this. The chances of getting a response from the
goliath that is Google seem pretty slim. So, I'm feeling a little queasy
about trusting so much of my data to them.