[ale] Cablemodem problems, considering DSL

Horwitz International, LLC info at horwitzinternational.com
Tue Jan 22 09:16:52 EST 2008

DSL 100% reliant on the distance from the DSLAM located in a CO. If they are
willing to guarantee you the fastest service that is a relatively good
indication that you are close enough.

That having been said, if their DSL Xtreme 6.0 is in any way flaky, dropping
down to the standard Xtreme can solve the problems. This is the service I
have and NO sites deliver content any faster on my corporate gig link...

I have had the BS dsl for 4+ years and the only time I have had problems is
when there's larger scale power outage or when they are "upgrading"
infrastructure. When I had cable, it went down at least once a week.

Roland Horwitz.
Horwitz International, LLC