[ale] weird problem with dpms

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Sat Jan 19 08:34:13 EST 2008

I'm having a weird problem with power management.  It appears to started
after upgrading to Fedora 8.  I see the following from 'xset q':

DPMS (Energy Star):
   Standby: 1800    Suspend: 3000    Off: 3600
   DPMS is Enabled
   Monitor is On

But I walk in my office this morning after not touching the machine for
a good 7 hours and the monitors (dual head) are still lit up.

The weird thing is, it's random.  After the initial install, it worked
fine.  I'd come in in the morning and the monitors would be off.  Then
suddenly, one morning, I came in and they were hot.  I fiddled around
with the settings, but couldn't see any difference.  Suddenly, it
started working again, maybe for a week.  Now for the past two days,
both monitors are lit up when I enter my office.

anyone?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin