[ale] set time manually on a RHEL 5.1 server

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:19:56 EST 2008

The local time reported by 'date' are considered to be correct to users
local to either server.
However, as you can see 'date -u' returned something different, 2-hour
difference to be exact. '-u' allows 'date' to return date/time in UTC (in
the same zone).

Both are up-2-date RHEL 5.1/ppc64 servers.

Foreign# date -u '+%m%d%H%M%Y.%S'
011723142008.07
Foreign# date
Thu Jan 17 22:14:22 GMT+1 2008