[ale] Bad weather

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Thu Jan 17 12:38:24 EST 2008

Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 10:43 -0500, mute wonder wrote:
>
>> Considering the inclement weather, is tonight's meeting at Emory still
>> on?
>>

> 	Worst of the weather was last night and the schools have not closed
> (and they are PARANOID).  Conditions right now are reasonable and are
> going to improve through the day.  I would expect no problems and I'm
> watching the weather like a trapped rat.
>
> 	Mike

Here in the Lawrenceville area it never really went below freezing. By
5:30 AM most traces of snow accumulation were gone, and no apparent
signs of ice. The real problems would be overpasses and low traveled
roads in remote areas. Since Gwinnett does not have many low traveled
road and just about all of the remote areas have been fully developed or
overdeveloped, I don't think that's a problem here.

And they do use a salt/crushed gravel mixture for ice control on
roadways, at least as reported by the DOT depot facility in Gainsville.