[ale] Bad weather

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Jan 17 11:43:05 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 11:34 -0500, tom wrote:
> Now that I've been my killjoy self, I hope that the meeting will go
> forward if the driving isn't much worse than it is here. Please drive
> slowly and pay attention to both low traction conditions and idiots
> with more horsepower than sense. I have learned much from people here,
> and I would prefer not to loose one due to poor choices in
> questionable weather.

The more difficult problems I think are centered around the fact that
this area really does not have the infrastructure to deal with freezing
road conditions.  They have a little bit of sand, as I understand it,
but they do not use salt to thaw the ice on the road or anything.

Then again, add to that the fact that when anything happens that alters
the conditions of the road, everyone seems to stop.  Why /is/ that
around here?

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us