[ale] A Cygwin problem

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Wed Jan 16 21:04:02 EST 2008

Hi,

This question involves Cygwin, but it also involves Windows 2003.  I
hope that the question is acceptable.

I am running cygwin on Windows 2003.  After there is an automatic
update by Windows, it takes about 15 to 20 minutes before access is
available to the Apache site over The Internet. This is true even
though if do you a ps -ef, you see multiple copies of Apache
running.  Note that ssh works immediately.  After the last update,
Apache does not start at all even though 6 copies of http are
running.   And, even when I start it by hand, it seems to run very slow.

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong?

Note: I have turned off automatic updates.

Thanks,

Terry Bailey