[ale] hardware to back up a Dell laptop

deritchie at earthlink.net deritchie at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 6 14:24:09 EST 2008

What about an external hard drive (USB)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: HanRan <handran at mindspring.com>

Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:16:28
To:Courtney Thomas <courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net>,Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>
Subject: Re: [ale] hardware to back up a Dell laptop

At 09:17 AM 1/6/2008, you wrote:
>I have an old Dell Latitude laptop which has only a ROM player and want to
>be able to backup this machine [18 GB].
>
>What hardware would be the least expensive and reliable ?
>
>Is there an inexpensive ROM burner available from a 3rd party that I could
>substitute for the player ?
>
>I looked at Fry's zip drives yesterday but it would cost a good % of the
>machine's worth for one that would back up the HD.
>
>Suggestions appreciated,
>
>Courtney

One of these maybe?
http://tinyurl.com/ypfgbv

Or perhaps a better (cheaper) alternative would be to remove the hard
drive from the laptop and put it in one of these and copy the contents
to any other computer with a USB port and enough free disk space:
to accomplish your task:

http://tinyurl.com/2z97kh