[ale] OLPC.. Wow.

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 10:05:50 EST 2008

GFY!

Mine arrived also. I concur with your points. The music activities (TamTam
&c) sure are fun. And I was impressed with the camera as well.

So far the biggest annoyance on the thing is that I can see no way to invert
the pointer buttons. I'm left-handed, so this makes using it awkward for
me.  I've done some preliminary googling around about it, but it looks like
I'll get to dive into the config files and do some experimenting to actually
figure this out. Then maybe I can post my findings.

Hey! Maybe we need an ALE Central meeting where we all  bring our OLPCs and
experiment!  I'd love to try out the "Measure" activity, for example, but
you need two boxes for it. And I'm pretty curious about the mesh networking
stuff, but I'm too paranoid to run wifi in my house.

-- CHS