[ale] Microphone question

cfowler at outpostsentinel.com cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jan 1 16:16:43 EST 2008

This might be dumb and you would think I would know the answer but I do
not use my mic that much.

I've had some time today to play with EchoLink.  I've got it working in
Windoze under Vmware with Linux as a host.  Therefore this qualifies
on this list :).  I can not figure out how to make my mic work without
it playing everything I say in my own speakers.  I have a headset I'm using and
this is very annoying to talk to someone and what you say is being repeated
on your own speakers.  I had this same issue with X-Ten Lite.  Maybe there
is no way to turn that off where the mic audio is not replayed in the
local speakers.

Chris