[ale] Linux supported air card works!

George L. Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 15:48:50 EST 2008

I'm currently using the following with a Verizon 5750, anyone have a better config? It does drop/reset often although that might just be the signal in this area (Forrest Park/Morrow). I've been torn between upgrading to the Rev A usb version (and adding 2 years to the contract when I may endup switching back to cable) and constructing somesortof antenna... maybe a corner reflector or a waveguide built to fit around the card itself would add some gain without 'modifying' the device.

/etc/pppd/peers/lxevdo:

ttyACM0
115200
debug
noauth
defaultroute
usepeerdns
connect-delay 10000
user 4045551212 at vzw3g.com
show-password
crtscts
lock
passive
lcp-echo-failure 8
lcp-echo-interval 65535
persist
connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -t3 -f /etc/ppp/peers/lxevdo_chat'

/etc/pppd/peers/lxevdo_chat:

''   'AT'
'OK' 'ATE0V1&F&D2&C1&C2S0=0'
'OK' 'ATE0V1'