[ale] PPPo{EA} v NAT in DSL gateways

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Mon Dec 29 14:02:41 EST 2008

Ken, ALErs -

I thought most of the LinkSys consumer DSL routers would handle the PPoE
sign-on, probably learned from a thread on this topic a couple of years
ago here. There was also a link to a Westel(l?) user manual that detailed
how to set up bridging mode.

If you get stalled I may have saved some of the mail, and almost surely
have the Westel manual PDF cached _somewhere_.

DISCLAIMER - I didn't try it myself. Just as I was about to set this up
for a friend, she plunked $$ down for a new ISP to do it (and rent her
the gear, naturally).

  - Mills