[ale] Partitioning Problems

Andrew Grieser agrieser at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 11:25:54 EST 2008

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 08:01:13 -0500
Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com> wrote:

> I've been dual booting Linux and windows since Win 95 (maybe before).
> Never had windows cause a problem with a Linux partition.  Personally I
> don't think it's worth the effort.  It's always been suggested that you
> install Windows first and then Linux.  I've done the reverse and gotten
> away with it sometimes, and sometimes not.
>
> Jim.

Well, I think I assumed success too soon. I thought it was working, because Ubuntu and windows were co-existing happily, and then I tried to install fedora and it complained that the partition table was unreadable, and wanted to initialize it (warning: will lose all data on drive).

I went ahead and re-initialized it in fedora, but I'm still running into problems. What would be causing this?

Andrew