[ale] Is Windisease 7 the ultimate reason to get a Linux-netbook ?

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Fri Dec 26 18:58:55 EST 2008

aaron wrote:
> On 2008, Dec, 26, , at 4:42 PM, <krwatson at cc.gatech.edu>
> <krwatson at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
>
>> Is Windows 7 the Linux-netbook killer?
>> http://www.neowin.net/news/main/08/12/23/is-windows-7-the-linux-
>> netbook-killer
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/8eky2j
>>
>> Personally I don't think so.
>>
>> keith
>>

> I would go with your personal take on it, Keith... since the
> article is pure FUD propaganda spew from a WinDisease sponsored
> site whose arguments are based entirely on blind speculation of
> the capabilities for a non existent and totally inaccessible
> Mafia$oft OS release.

Actually there was one actual piece of real-world data (presented,
however, without citation): Linux-based netbooks are more often
returned than Windows-based ones.  That isn't terribly surprising.
I'd guess it has more to do with the shock of unfamiliarity than
with any inherent flaw in the Linux distros running on the netbooks.

My daughter is saving up for a Linux(SUSE)-based netbook.  I'll
be interested to see what that's like.

-- JK

--
I do not particularly want to go where the money is -
  it usually does not smell nice there. -- A. Stepanov