[ale] Partitioning Problems

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Fri Dec 26 09:00:13 EST 2008

> the reserved partition. I have always had to  make a winders partition,
> leave the rest of the drive unpartitioned, install blunders, _then_ do the
> Linux work and partition the remaining drive portion. Otherwise it seems the

I've watched people do black magic with partitions and seen it done
otherwise. I remember at some point they did a lot of registry edits
to get blunders back in it's happy place. But personally, I've only been
able to get it to work the same way you have.

My Dad just brought me his top of the line Dell from 2 years ago..
Blunders and some crapware are fighting over his machine. He's been using
some odder software that would not work under Blunders. he bought a new
computer because he got tired of re-installing Blunders XP to fix whatever
it was that goes wrong.

My weekend mission: Get his old DOS accounting system and WinXP geneology
software running under DosEMU and Wine in Linux. Last month I got some old
Paradox 4.0 code running under DosEMU in Linux. So I think it'll work
well.

Which leaves us with: Soon the question may be: Why run Windows at all?