[ale] Needed, will pay cash for: Portmaster 2E and Modem Rack full of Modems.

aaron aaron at pd.org
Wed Dec 24 13:05:40 EST 2008

A project to bring Linux into school systems and government offices
in the most rural, remote and impoverished parts of Spain has been
underway for several years now.  They even have their own distro,
though I can't "speak" to it without being fluent in Espanol:

< http://www.linex.org/joomlaex/ >

It was my understanding, from talking with one of the project's
founding parents / engineers / evangelists at the "Open Minds"
OSS education conference last year, that they are delivering
their WAN bandwidth via a network of directional wifi relay
stations.

peace
aaron