[ale] Web server OS

David Hamm ale at spinnerdog.com
Tue Dec 23 15:49:34 EST 2008

My experience with Gentoo has been really good. I have about 60 web
servers running gentoo and the only thing I don't like about it is the
lack of an auto installer and the size of portage.  That being said the
web servers are all power pc based and a couple ARM9 boxes.

Emerge is very nice but compiling PHP or Samba because the default make
flags aren't what you need can be time consuming.  No I'm back on Fedora
and its ok.  I could live without NetworkManager but Fedora doesn't seem
to like to.