[ale] I've hit a rough wall, installin' Smoothwall :-)

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 23 01:24:55 EST 2008

Brian,

Thank you kindly for the analysis offer.

Might the following yield the answer as well ?

Can I not do a traceroute using the 's' option, if I recall correctly, to
see what route the "wireless LAN members" are using, hence seeing if they
are
actually [LAN -> internet] first examined by SmoothWall before exiting the
LAN to the internet, and alternatively [internet -> LAN] first router then
SmoothWall processing  ?

I've not tried this as I'm in the middle of several other things that
prohibit this right now but'll try sometime this week.

Doing as you request.....

modem <------> wireless router <-------> hub <---------> SmoothWall ethernet
NIC [Green]
                                  ^

                  SmoothWall NIC [Red]

I'm not at the LAN right now but I believe this is the setup.

Thank you Brian,

Courtney